Applied Law for Police Officials 5th edition equips police officials with the necessary knowledge and understanding to uphold the law and protect South African citizens to fulfil their duties in accordance with the Constitution. In order to investigate crime effectively and to gather evidence that will enable the prosecuting authorities to secure convictions after following due process of law, police officials must be familiar with the fundamental elements of criminal law, criminal procedure and the law of evidence. In Applied Law for Police Officials these elements are explained and discussed in the context of a Constitution that endorses the importance of human rights.
This fifth edition of the textbook has been updated with the latest case law and is also enhanced to reflect the most recent attempts by Parliament to curb criminal behaviour.
- Interactive self-test questions with popup answers and other learner assessment tools instantly validate learning.
- Video lectures provide further context.
- Audio glossaries of terms promote understanding of commonly used terms and concepts.
- Case studies teach students how to apply their knowledge.
- Support material available on Juta Passmasters for lecturers and students.