Lecturer support material is made available to prescribing institutions.
Accounting for All 3rd edition aims to help students master introductory accounting courses, and covers the key topics in the financial accounting and cost accounting disciplines.Now updated, it has been further enhanced by two new topics - partnerships and non-profit organisations (NPOs) - giving students a broader coverage of the business environment.
1. Basic concepts in accountancy – accounting processs
2. Business transactions and source documents
3. Recording transactions (double-entry system)
4. Introduction to VAT
5. Books of prime entry
6. Bank reconciliation statement
7. The trial balance
8. Non-current assets – depreciation
10. Year-end adjustments
11. Financial statements of a sole trader
12. Financial statements of companies
14. Statement of cash flow
16. Non-profit organisations
17. Interpretation of financial statements
18. Basic cost accounting
19. Manufacturing concern
20. Cost behaviour
22. Cost-volume-profit analysis
24. Business ethics
Accounting for All will benefit any student who does not have an accounting background, but needs a fundamental understanding of the financial.
The study of accounting is often perceived as daunting, but the author has written in an easy-to-understand style. The teaching methodology takes a step-by-step approach, and is supported by extensive explanatory examples and revision questions. It also enables students to work through each chapter independently.