South African Renewable Energy Guide for Local Government, A
About this Publication:
The aim of A South African Renewable Energy Guide for Local Government is to provide useful information and solid examples of how politicians, city managers and government officials can facilitate the sustainable adoption of renewable energy systems and technologies at a municipal level.
A South African Renewable Energy Guide for Local Government provides baseline figures on energy consumption and associated greenhouse gases in South Africa. It analyses trends in GHG emissions, energy price increases and energy security. It provides an overview of existing policies related to energy and future energy planning, and provides insight on how renewable energy can be stimulated in the context of these policies.
- Chapter 1: Towards sustainable energy solutions
- Chapter 2: Our changing energy climate
- Chapter 3: Our energy policy and regulatory environment
- Chapter 4: Sustainable energy and energy efficiency technologies
- Chapter 5: Financing renewable and energy efficiency